Mobile Junior Academy exists to acquaint our students with Christ and equip them for a life of service.
To fulfill our mission, we will:
- Promote spiritual and moral development of the students
- Maintain high standards of scholastic excellence
- Develop the students’ ability to think clearly and logically
- Uphold the Holy Scriptures as the basis for all of our teaching
- Instruct in principles of health, physical well-being, basic skills and the dignity of labor
- Teach responsibilities and privileges of good citizenship
- Stress preparation for service to God, the church, the community and the world
Mobile Junior Academy has been in operation since 1920 when it was founded as the Pine Street School adjoining the Seventh-day Adventist church. The school went through two moves and two name changes before, in 1990, it was moved to its present location on Cody Road as Mobile Junior Academy. MJA adjoins the Cody Road Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Mobile Junior Academy is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, which runs the largest Protestant school system in the world. The North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists oversees a system of more than 1,000 elementary and secondary schools and 15 colleges and universities. The unique philosophy of the Seventh-day Adventist Church places mental, physical, social, and spiritual health, intellectual growth, and service to humanity as essential aspects of Adventist education.
Adventist Accreditation Association (AAA)
National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA)